Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer time, and I for one can’t wait!!! Below are some of things that make me most excited about this upcoming season. What are some things you love about Memorial Day and Summer Time? Share in the comments below!
- Arnold Palmers ~ Mmmmmm, nothing says SUMMER like a delicious tall glass of home made lemonade mixed with iced tea with some freshly sliced peaches or perfectly ripened raspberries in there for garnish. YUM!
- Grilling Out ~ Steaks, dogs, burgers, BBQ chicken, veggies, and best of all fresh fruit salad!! Anyone wanna invite me over? 😉
- Pool Parties ~ Anyone who lives in DC knows that while the warm weather is AMAZING, the heat and humidity can get a tad overbearing at times. Thank goodness for those cool pools, helping us beat the heat! Also pool parties are a blast to photograph!
- Picnics ~ There are so many great places to picnic around DC, I could do a whole post just on picnic spots! Some of my faves are Meridian Hill Park, Roosevelt Island & the grounds by The Jefferson.
- Jazz in the Garden! ~ Music and drinks in the sculpture garden on the mall- so much fun! Starts this Friday in DC! Check out the schedule here.
- Movies on the Mall (aka) Screen on the Green~ Looking for date ideas? How about watching an outdoor movie on the national mall- DC’s version of a drive in movieClick here for more details and other park movie information.
I hope you all have a fun and fantastic Memorial Day weekend to kick start this year’s summer season!